Be a Member
It’s easy to join or renew online! Choose the St Croix Valley chapter during registration to set your local member connection.
Annual registration ($35 per family) includes MCGT state and one chapter affiliation; all membership proceeds support MCGT state and local chapter operations and events. If you choose to affiliate with multiple chapters, an additional fee of $16 per chapter applies.
Strength in Numbers: Why Go it Alone?
Why does being a MCGT member matter? These two articles from Dr. Gail Post, Ph.D., GT parent and licensed psychologist, make the reasons clear!
- Tips for Parents of Gifted Children: What Most Parents Wish They had Known (2015)
- Power in Numbers: How Gifted Advocacy Groups can Help You and Your Kids (2016)
If you are interested in gifted education issues and support better learning options for all gifted learners, we would love to have you as a member. As a new or renewing MCGT member you can:
- Find your people! Meet other St. Croix Valley families and educators who share experiences and concerns
- Connect with resources and best practices for educating and parenting gifted learners
- Recognize unique challenges that arise when supporting whole child development among gifted learners
- Receive MCGT Outlook, the informative quarterly digital newsletter (.pdf)
- Build workable strategies to advocate on behalf of your students over the course of their education
- Explore ways to collaborate with educators who shape local policy and classroom practices
- Discover strength in numbers as we put voices together to support local gifted youth
- Stay informed about Minnesota and federal changes to gifted education and funding
- Update your MCGT member profile and contact info
- Activate your access to the St Croix Valley Gifted email group
- Get Minnesota GT insights and recommendations at MCGTdotnet, the MCGT online discussion group
- Receive the chapter newsletter – Contact us if you are not already receiving it at your inbox; you may need to adjust mail settings
- Social Media
Chapter meetings typically occur weekday evenings (M/Tu/Th) or on Sunday afternoon. Location rotates across area schools, libraries, etc., which may impact start and end times. Please check event details as posted on our website.
Families have many evening obligations, so we understand that attendance happens around what works best for you. Please alert us to any regular conflicts.
Interested in hosting? Contact us to discuss arrangements. Past events have occurred at Stillwater Area Public Schools, St. Croix Catholic School, St. Croix Preparatory Academy, and Stillwater Public Library. Facilities fees, limitations, and available hours all play a role in where our events happen. MCGT is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization; certificate of insurance liability provided upon request.