Chapter Newsletter Archive
Contact us to start receiving future newsletters. We do not share our mailing list with anyone. If you have difficulty receiving the newsletter, please follow related advice to adjust your email settings.
Earlier editions (2012-2016) arrived via old-school plain text email. We began using a new system in Fall 2016, so this archive starts there. Many of the resources shared during earlier years are available here, grouped by subject matter, or at Gifted 101.
Looking for MCGT Outlook, MCGT’s member newsletter? MCGT publishes Outlook quarterly and distributes it digitally to members with active registration status. If your membership has expired or you should update contact information to ensure Outlook reaches the correct email address, please see the member page or contact the Main Office for guidance. Remember to like MCGT on Facebook or join the members-only Facebook group.
2017-2018 Chapter News
- August News / Chapter presents at Open Forum to Stillwater School Board, In Memoriam: Dr. James T. Webb
- February News / Every American school has talented students, Dyslexia, Social Media, Underrepresentation
- Preschool & K-2 Supplement / NAGC on Asynchronous Development, Identifying, Nurturing, and Challenging Children Ages 4-9
- Snow Day Supplement / Who becomes an inventor? Community Service, Emotions, GCQ: GT from low-income households
- January News / Identification Spotlight, What to do When Family and Friends Don’t Get Gifted
- Winter Supplement / Considering UMTYMP Algebra or Calculus?
- December News / SEL Spotlight, Plucker on Excellence Gaps: Are Your Students Actually One Level Above Their Grade?
- November News / Math Apps for High School and Purdue University’s 2017 Engineering Gift Guide
- October Supplement / Conference Conversations, VIDEO: Quick Learners, High Achievers
- October News / Heather Boorman on Intensity & Anxiety, TIPS for college scholarship applications
- September News / 30 Things Parents & Gifted Kids Need to Know, U.S. Public Education Policy: Missing Voices
2016-2017 Chapter News
- Summer News & Community Survey / Dear Gifted Parent
- May News / Dr. Dan Peters: We’re Not Just Gifted on Wednesdays
- April News / Introverts, Should I Grade Skip My Gifted Child?
- March Meeting Reminder / When Gifted Kids Get to Exhale
- March News / ¿Necesita recursos en español?
- February Meeting Reminder / Gifted Isn’t Good
- February News / Dismal Effects of Boredom
- January News / States Urged to Track and Report on GT
- November Speak Up Campaign
- November MN Gifted & Talented Youth Week
- October News / College Planning & Gifted Teens
- October School Board Candidate Forum
- September Back to School News / Screening of 2e Documentary