Merit-Based Scholarships for Current Year Seventh Graders
Many people associate scholarship with funding college or university coursework. Several scholarship programs are aimed at supporting high-ability students as they near high school so they have a strong foundation for the college experience.
Current year seventh graders are eligible for consideration in the two programs below. Criteria and application instructions appear at each link.
- Institute for Educational Advancement Caroline D. Bradley scholarship – 2017 application by April 11
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Young Scholars Program – 2017 application by April 5
The Caroline D. Bradley scholarship targets those exceptionally gifted young people who need assistance finding the optimal high school environment or may experience other challenges (both external and internal to the applicant) that prohibit attending an appropriate school.
The Young Scholars Program provides comprehensive advising and financial support to high achieving students with financial need. Recipients benefit from the following support from eighth grade through senior year of high school.
- a personal academic and college counselor
- funding for academic and enrichment programs in the summer and during the school year
- internship and study abroad opportunities
- educational resources including books and technology
- a pathway to the Cooke College Scholarship worth up to $40,000 a year for four years of undergraduate study