SAT 11/17 | Attend NAGC18 Family Day in Minneapolis
When: Saturday, 11/17 during the National Association for Gifted Children’s 65th Annual Convention
Who: Families — Parents, grandparents, and their children
Where: Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 Second Ave S.
Cost: $50 per family unit (does not include lunch) for MCGT members and non-members, which includes Family Day access and a one-year NAGC Parent membership
Registration: Use a credit card to register online — choose Family Day from the registration options
Your NAGC18 Family Day Experience
The Saturday schedule for NAGC18 Family Day (see .pdf) includes opportunities for you to:
- Experience special keynote sessions by nationally known speakers on parenting gifted children
- Participate in Exhibit Hall learning activities for K-8 students – Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Attend any of the 150 NAGC18 regular convention sessions held that day – click time slots at link to view Saturday session titles, presenters & descriptions
- Learn from Poster Fair presenters who will introduce you to new strategies and ideas
- Visit NAGC18 exhibitors to explore resources especially aimed at supporting GT youth (enrichment programming, curriculum and classroom resources, publications, and more!)
NAGC Parent Membership
NAGC parent membership comes with two quarterly publications, Parenting for High Potential and Teaching for High Potential. You will receive weekly email updates about current news and items of interest in the field of gifted education. You gain access to additional member content on the NAGC website and discounts in the NAGC store. Be part of a rapidly growing parent membership that is making a difference in the level of priority NAGC gives to parent education
Connecting to GT Supports for Minnesota Families & Educators
We’re lucky in Minnesota to have two organizations serving as NAGC affiliates to support our State’s GT youth, their families, and educators: Minnesota Council for the Gifted and Talented (MCGT) and Minnesota Educators of the Gifted and Talented (MEGT).
Being a member of these organizations links you to others who are on the journey of helping GT students with a variety of learning and socio-emotional differences. Membership also makes it possible for local groups like St. Croix Valley Gifted to keep providing supports in your backyard. Local MCGT membership is separate from the NAGC membership included with Family Day registration; $35/year or $65 for two consecutive years.
Watch this space as MCGT announces volunteer needs during NAGC, including opportunities for high school students in 9th grade and up who are working toward service hours! You also may contact the MCGT Main Office to voice interest in volunteering.