SUN 9/30 @ 3:30pm | 2018 Family Friendly Meet the Candidates
Washington County voters want to support local students and have confidence that elected school board members for ISD 834 will show sound leadership. But family schedules can make it tough to attend weekday or weeknight events, so we purposely host this “meet the candidates” event on a weekend afternoon in a family-accessible setting.
Where | Teddy Bear Park Carriage House, Lower Level, Downtown Stillwater
Local Focus | St. Croix Valley Gifted is the local MCGT chapter and operates on a volunteer, non-profit basis. Please help us to continue serving student families in this community with either a $1 free will donation toward our venue reservation and printing costs to host this event -or- a non-perishable food item for the Valley Outreach food shelf.
Arrive before 3:50 pm to submit written questions that will be used during the moderated Q&A portion of this event. All questions originate with members of the community audience!
There are four open school board seats during this election cycle. All seven candidates have RSVP’d with plans to attend and participate.
NOTE: Please remember that young children require adult supervision while playing at Teddy Bear Park. This forum is not a rally or debate. We want all to feel welcome and ask that you refrain from wearing or displaying signs, shirts, buttons, etc., supporting a particular candidate, group, slogan, or message.
Candidate Questionnaire Responses
Each candidate received our advance questionnaire. Their written responses will be posted here a full week before the event at Teddy Bear Park, and will remain available through Election Day. ELL? We encourage registered voters who speak English as a second language to use Google Translate on our site to help you read candidate answers.
Click on each name below to view candidate responses to the St. Croix Valley Gifted questionnaire. You also will find their campaign websites, social media pages, and links to additional candidate Q&A as it becomes available.
|Mark Burns||Jon Fila||Shelley Pearson||Liz Weisberg|
|Matthew Cooper||Donald Hovland||Tina Riehle|
Minnesota Voter Information
Election Day 2016 is Tuesday, November 6. Early voting continues in Minnesota through Monday, November 5.
- Where is your Election Day polling location? – pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us
- Are you registered to vote in Minnesota? – mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/VoterStatus.aspx
- How can you vote early or vote absentee in Minnesota? – www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/other-ways-to-vote or watch the video below
- Where can Washington County residents cast an early vote in person?
- Cottage Grove Service Center, 13000 Ravine Parkway S, Cottage Grove
- Headwaters Service Center, 19955 Forest Rd N, Forest Lake
- Woodbury Service Center, 2150 Radio Drive, Woodbury
- Washington County Government Center, 14949 – 62nd St N, Stillwater
Other Resources: Candidate Views & District Fact Check
Local Coverage of Candidate Views
St. Croix Valley Gifted will update here regularly as new elections press coverage and related materials become available.
- The St. Croix Valley Branch of American Association of University Women (AAUW) and Lake Elmo Elementary PTA will host a candidate forum on Tuesday, Oct. 9 from 7 – 8:30 pm at Oak-Land Middle School.
- The Stillwater Gazette is sponsoring a school board candidate forum, hosted by Margot Rheinberger, on Wednesday, Oct. 24 from 7 to 8:30 pm at Stillwater Middle School.