Summer 2019 | August Events and Fall Save the Date!
Be flexible. Look ahead to what’s on the horizon. Steer around hidden obstacles. Advocate, but avoid being “that parent.” Nurture growth. Be ready for the new year.
TOPIC | Where the Compass Leads: Guiding GT Kids – Download Flyer (color or grayscale .pdf)
WHEN | MONDAY 8/12, 6:00 – 7:30 pm – and – WEDNESDAY 8/14, 6:00 – 7:30 pm
WHERE | Stillwater Public Library, Margaret Rivers A – Upper Level
St. Croix Valley Gifted invites you to two events in mid August to help chart the journey ahead.
- Monday’s conversation will focus on Elementary GT pathways, including early K
- Wednesday’s conversation will focus on Middle & High School GT pathways, including students’ self-advocacy skills, PSEO, AP, and CLEP test options — students you’re invited along for this one!
Looking for Details about GT Conversation with MN Legislators?
As those become available, watch for a new post at our website. Contact us to receive an email when related events are finalized. St. Croix Valley Gifted is not coordinating legislator conversations, but the event sponsors are keeping us informed.
We will update these events in coming weeks as MDE’s Fall GT workshop schedule is published. You can also subscribe to our chapter newsletter, which arrives monthly during the school year. Our Summer edition will be published in late July.
- SAT 8/17 – MCGT Annual Picnic | 11:30 am – 1:30 pm @ Cherokee Park in St. Paul – Members RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAT 9/7 – MCGT Mini-Conference: Acceleration & Talent | 9am – Noon @ Edina Community Center, watch mcgt.net for online registration and session details
- SUN 10/6 – St. Croix Valley GT Parent Q&A Panel | Time and location TBA
- SAT 11/2 – 2019 MCGT Annual Conference | Featuring keynote speaker Alonzo Kelly & youth programs, Call for Presenters and Youth Programs now in progress