TBT | NAGC Administrator ToolBox for Implementing Gifted Services
- Expanding the View of Giftedness
- Gifted Tactics in the Field
- The Stories They Tell about the Gifted
- The Obstacles Deterring Gifted Education
- Our De-Tracked System: College Curriculum for All
The National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) makes a set of Administrator tools and resources available online that offer a starting point for conversation and implementing relevant education strategy for high-ability learners.
Because of the increasing number of requests for information for administrators about high-ability and high-potential learners, NAGC convened a task force of administrators to develop concise videos, fact sheets, and supporting documents — tools that district leaders can use as briefing materials and as the starting point to advocate for and implement services for gifted students.
Materials in the NAGC Administrator Toolbox address:
- the rationale for gifted education services
- the critical elements of gifted education programming
- accountability for gifted student learning, and
- the connection between gifted education and other initiatives such as 21st century skills and Response to Intervention (RtI)
The companion NAGC Administrator Video Channel on YouTube offers another way to dive into these topics:
- Rationale for Gifted Education
- Basics of Gifted Education
- Accountability for Gifted Student Learning
- Connecting Gifted Education to Other School Practices
MCGT is one of two State Affiliate organizations associated with NAGC, the other being Minnesota Educators for the Gifted and Talented (MEGT). MCGT members are eligible for a reduced rate affiliate membership in NAGC.