Tues 10/27 – NUMATS: Awaken Their Potential
The St. Croix Valley and Mahtomedi chapters of MCGT welcome parents and educators to a conversation with Tammie Stewart, Outreach Manager for the Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University. – event flyer (.pdf)
Topic | NUMATS: Awaken Their Potential with Talent Search, Scholarship & Enrichment
When | Tuesday 10/27, 6:00 – 8:00pm
Where | Lake Elmo Elementary Media Center, 11030 Stillwater Blvd. North, Lake Elmo, MN
“Recognizing there is no one pathway to success, Center for Talent Development (CTD) aims to provide motivated students with options. CTD programs have unique enrollment requirements designed to match students with opportunities specific to their developmental needs.” – CTD
Learn about exciting opportunities for Minnesota and Wisconsin youth in grades 3 – 9 through the NUMATS academic talent search program, plus need-based scholarships for high ability learners in grades 7 – 12.
- Know the goals of Northwestern University Midwest Academic Talent Search (NUMATS) for qualifying GT students in grades 3-9
- Open the door to specialized enrichment & resources for advanced students
- Learn how to register and participate
- Prepare students for the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship Program
- Young Scholars Program for high achieving 7th graders
- College Scholarship for high achieving 12th graders
- VIDEO | https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=_8aW8C6O0E8
- Qualify for financial support
- Discover the many advantages NUMATS youth experience as they progress through middle school, high school, and apply to college
Visit our TBT post NUMATS and Gifted Talent Search for further information about this program. New deadlines and related information for 2015-2016 will be shared at the October 27 event.
Guest Bio: Tammie Stewart
As the Center for Talent Development (CTD) community outreach coordinator since 2005, Tammie Stewart has connected with thousands of students, parents and school personnel to educate them about Northwestern University’s Midwest Academic Talent Search (NUMATS) and the Jack Kent Cooke Young Scholars and College Scholarship Programs. She enjoys introducing people to programs that can be academically enriching and life changing as well. She is especially passionate about providing students in financial need with opportunities and options that can lead to a future brighter than they or their parents ever dreamed possible.